Dr Dillemans already performed more than 10.000 weight loss surgeries (mainly Gastric Bypass, but also Sleeve) and has one of the best track records of all bariatric surgeons. Surgeons from all over the world are visiting him and his team in Bruges, to learn all the tips and tricks to improve the outcome. His Obesity Centre at the Hospital AZ St Jan AV in Bruges, Belgium, has become a referral center for bariatric surgery and redo surgery (mostly conversions from Gastric Bands to RNY Gastric Bypass procedures) for patients coming from all continents.
Dr Dillemans has standardized the technique of the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, leading to excellent results in terms of sustainable weight loss, with the lowest complication rate worldwide.
He is well known for the more complex conversional (redo bariatric) surgery .
Facts & figures :
— 1100 bariatric procedures a year
— Performed the first Laparoscopic Gastric Bypasses in Sultanate of Oman(Royal Hospital,Muscat) in 2006 & United Arab Emirates (University Hospital, Al Ain) in 2005
- Member of the IFSO (International Federation for Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders)
- General Secretary of the SOSB (2008-2010) (Belgian Section for Obesity Surgery)
- Board Member of the RBSS (Royal Belgian Society for Surgery)
- Board Member of the BSUGI (Belgian Section of Upper Gastro-Intestinal Surgery)
- Board Member of the BGES (Belgian Group of Endoscopic Surgeons)
- Founding Member of the BSAWS (Belgian Section for Abdominal Wall Surgery)
- DHA Licensed