Dr. Murtaza is Post graduate from the prestigious Kasturba Hospital, Manipal. He has worked under one of the doyens and founders of Laparoscopic Surgery in India, Padmashri Dr. P.K. Chowbey at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, where he performed a wide array of advanced laparoscopic surgery including advanced Bariatric surgery which was his super-specialty training under the National Board of Examinations, India.
He is well versed with all basic and advanced laparoscopic procedures, and took Bariatric / Obesity surgery as his special area of interest. Besides this he has been specifically trained to perform all kinds of Laparoscopic Hernia surgeries.
Trained in surgical Gastroenterology at the prestigious KEM Hospital, Mumbai where he refined his Endoscopy as well as the basic and advanced Gastroenterological surgery skills.
Laparoscopic Bariatric surgery for Obesity and Diabetes.
Laparoscopic surgery for all kinds of Hernia.
Laser and TDH Surgery for Hemorrhoids.
MS, DNB, MRCS (UK), FNB, Specialist General Surgeon - Advanced Laparoscopy and Bariatric (Obesity) Surgery,
- MOH UAE
- DHA Licensed
- Randomized controlled trial comparing role of Collagen dressing vs. Conventional dressing after split skin grafting.
- TEP repair of groin hernia. A case for bilateral repair. Journal of minimal access surgery Vol 2 (3): September 2006: 171-173.
- Complications in groin hernia and a way out. Journal of minimal access surgery; Vol 2 (3) September 2006: 174 - 77.
- Carcinoid tumor of bile duct. Ind J. Gastro - Nov-Dec 2005.
- RCC in supernumerary kidney: British Journal of Urology October 2002 Volume 90.
- Bilateral endoscopic inguinal hernia repair: our experience of 12 years under publication